10/28/13

MR2 To Kill a Mockingbird


“To kill a Mockingbird” is an American movie. It was made by Robert Mulligan in 1962. This movie was nominated for Palme D’or of the 16th Cannes Film Festival and got the Gary Cooper award. This movie is about the problems of human rights or discrimination. Gregory Peck played Atticus Finch. He is a lawyer and was asked about a legal case where Tom (Black person) is accused of raping Mayella (White person). Atticus defended Tom, but he was censured by people in town. The people said why do you help black person?  Tom was innocent. Mayella told a lie because she wanted to eliminate the fact that she seduces a black person, Tom. Atticus revealed the truth, but the jury decided that he was guilty. After that, Tom ran away and he was killed.

In this movie, the children are key persons. This is written not only from the point of view of adult but also children. Children are pure, so they saw their parents and they grow. They are mischievous but they have tidy idea for their own ideas. They have tender heart. Adults should tell their children right thing. Also, I think this movie’s ending is wrong. Why did Tom have to die? We must not make false charge. I think there are many wrong things like what happened in this movie in the world. This movie tells us that discrimination is foul play. This movie’s hero, Atticus is clever, has a strong will and tells his children right things. I respected him. If their parents say abuse to black persons, children say it too. This movie is an old story, but I think discrimination won’t go away from the world yet. In the end, the man helped Atticus’s children was first thought to be a dangerous person. However he was just shy. People can’t help make a judgment by appearances. I think that it is issue for us. I hope it will come the days that everyone lives fortunately someday. (334/3014)

No comments:

Post a Comment