12/2/13

MR4 RENT

     RENT is an American movie from 2005. This movie is a musical. Originally, Rent is performed publicly in Broadway before the movie. 6 people from the original cast are in the movie. This story is set in New York City of the 1990s. This story’s center is young people. They have dreams and some problems. Mark is a hero who aims to be
movie writer. Roger is his roommate. He was a member of popular rock band but was infected with AIDS. Collins and Angel are men but they fall in love. Mimi is addicted to heroin. She falls in love with Roger. Joanne and Maureen are love. They fight their illness, they run after their dreams, they know truth and they are growing. There is Japanese version too.
     It is very nice movie. There are many impressive scenes. In the opening scene there are young people singing. They look pleasant but content of the song about their rent. The“we can’t pay rent” song is interesting. That a lot of people sang all together is very powerful. And Roger and Joanne quarreled but they sided about Maureen (They love her) and danced a Tango together. Tom was held up by young man suddenly. I thought New York City is not safe. There are many scenes that look like fun but the serious problems of young people are also in the movie such as AIDS, drug and homelessness. I was surprised people in America understand about lesbians and gays from a long time ago. In Japan too, there are homosexuals and lesbians. However their marriage still isn’t allowed. So, I was surprised at the scene of the engagement party of Maureen and Joanne. Personally, I had a prejudice about it but I change my feelings to these things. The movie tells us love isn’t related to a distinction of sex. Especially, I was impressed by the love of Angel and Collins. They have AIDS, but they support each other, and advance. I like the song “Seasons of love” from the opening. It is easy to catch this movie’s message for everyone because it gets on the music. In this movie, young people are living today, now. I would like to cherish every encounter and time and live
like them. 353/6362

No comments:

Post a Comment